Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 17 Sword Stitch

This week in TAST 2 over on Sharon B's Pin Tangle blog we did Sword Stitch---and to sum it up in one word--boring.
I know I don't always experiment with these stitches because I like how they look normally but in this case I didn't like how it looked in the beginning and when I tried to be creative with it well this is all I could come up with.
Like I said before--boring and to make matters worse I couldn't even get a half decent photo of what I had done.
Oh well I will just have to chalk it up to experience.



Maybe my heart just wasn't in it this week.

8 comments:

Heather said...

You can win them all Doreen, and all the rest have been great. Maybe this one just isn't for you.

Kris said...

OK...I agree...probably not the best of your stitches but certainly an opportunity to...uh...well, continue I guess!
I love watching your stitches! :)

Janet said...

Every stitch can't be a winner. Some will love this one, some won't. The important thing is you're trying all these different stitches....you're experimenting and learning.

shirley said...

You are crative after all..you have made little dancing people on the right.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Maybe they look like dandelion seedheads? I agree though...you can't have everyone be exciting.

Shane Pollard said...

Hi Doreen

I'm just checking out your blog as we're classmates on Carole's class! And I love what I see so I've joined your group of followers to keep updated with your posts!

I'm only just starting my creative journey so I'm very impressed with your talents.

Please come and visit me and I'll get my pretty teacups out and make you very welcome!
Shane

Jen xo said...

lol i think you having too much fun with Caroles classs!! they would like nice scattered all over one of the pages tho!!

libbyquilter said...

i felt uninspired by this stitch too . . . ended up stitching them in a continuous way and finding something i could live with in the end but who knows i may have tinkered it into a whole different stitch for all i know~!

:-)
libbyQ