Friday, June 25, 2010

Journal Book

I have started to embellish my journal pages for the workshop with Kiwi Carole.
The page at the top is a birthday card that I received from a friend which I wanted to include in my journal so I covered the writing up with some fabric and lace.
You can't see the front of the card but it has some leaves on it.
The smaller page at the bottom is folded in concertina form and has some old torn up doylies stitched onto it.
I did have some other pages done but I stuffed them up and now I have to go paint some more watercolour paper---damn and blast.




This is a fun workshop-and I am learning a lot.
It still isn't too late to join me--just click on the logo on the side bar.

12 comments:

carole brungar said...

Your cards are way too gorgeous! LOL I mean it they are!!
Wow, looking good!
xC

Aussie Jo said...

I think I see a theme emerging there, lovely flowers and colours Doeen

Jan from Wyoming said...

Very pretty! I'm not as far along as you are, but your work is certainly inspiring!

BadPenny said...

this is so pretty

Maggi said...

Lovely embellishing going on there Doreen.

Val said...

My goodness you are doing beautifully! Send my Genie packing - I'm sure she is rested well enough. No walkabouts though!

Jen xo said...

looking good Doreen..

Ati said...

Like what I see here :)

Heather said...

Your journal is going to be beautiful Doreen. Hope you didn't lose anything precious in the stuff-up. Maybe you can recycle it.

Sandy said...

It's going to be a lovely journal.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I assume by 'stuffed them up' you mean you messed them up (that's a new term to me, being in Canada and somewhat backward). Anyway, I'd be willing to bet what you think is messy would still be better than I could do!

Janet said...

Your pages are looking great!