Sunday, June 20, 2010

Journal Workshop

I have signed up to do the Journal Workshop with Carole B over on Madness and Mess and it is proving to be a lot of fun.
First we had to paint watercolour paper to use as the book pages.
I used Adirondack colourwash sprays to colour mine and the colours are soft and subtle.
The first photo is not of the ones that I have used for the book but some extra ones that I did.
I forgot to take a photo of the ones that I used before I tore them up into the sizes that I needed for the pages.






Here is a photo of some signature pages standing up.





Here are a couple of pages and these are the true colours that I painted.
I have also stamped images on some pages.

I am using a 5" x 7" photo album cover for my journal cover--I removed the plastic sleeves and am now left with a very sturdy shell.
I hope it is ok.




Now I am searching for all the stuff to embellish the pages.
Oh such joy.
It is still not too late to sign up if you are interested and Carole is a great teacher.


10 comments:

carole brungar said...

Thanks Doreen! Your pages look yummy!!!

Aussie Jo said...

I will enjoy watching what you create Doreen, and hopefully Carole will run it again at some stage so I can join in too.

Maggi said...

Love these Doreen. I had thought of using the sprays but thought they might be too dark, obviously not.

Janet said...

Your pages look great! I knew you'd have fun with this class.

Sandy said...

You are having fun.

Heather said...

Sounds like a fantastic workshop Doreen and your pages are looking good. I've been looking for the Adirondack colourwash sprays but not found them over here yet - maybe I haven't been looking in the right place.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Did I tell you I'm signed up to class too Doreen? I'm waiting for my watercolour paper and TAP paper to arrive (any day now I hope). I will soon catch up. I've found a book to use. Love your papers :o)

~*~Patty S said...

Hello Doreen ~ popping in from Carole's journal class.
Your pages are beautiful, Love the subtle soft shades! Such a lot of fun, isn't it!

Unknown said...

I am so curious how you are going to finish it...thanks for sharing

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Can't wait to see what you do next with this Doreen. It sure looks great already!