Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crazy Patchwork

Several months ago I pieced together some Crazy patchwork blocks to work on when our Crazy Patchwork friendship group meets every fortnight.
I don't always work on it -sometimes I am trying to get my TAST samples finished before the Tuesday when the new stitch is published.
This is going to be one of those armchair caddy things that you put your stuff in when you want to embroider while watching the TV (well that's the idea anyway) .
This is the first pocket after I had pieced it together.




And here it is with the seams done-well I should say the seams started.
I usually like to embellish the seams first and then start on the Silk Ribbon embroidery and the button clusters and all the other stuff later.
I find if I put the buttons etc. on too soon I get the embroidery threads caught up in them and then I get a bit annoyed as one does when threads get tangled up.
If you click on the bottom photo and look at the top right hand corner you will notice the mauve fabric has tiny yellow flowers on it which I have over embroidered with silk ribbon--




I will show you the other side tomorrow.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Crazy quilts are one of my favorite things....and this small pocket is pretty already. I can just imagine all the embellishments you'll add to it. The little flowers are so delicate and add so much to that corner. Beautiful!!

Heather said...

I love crazy patchwork Doreen and this is so pretty - useful too.

Maggi said...

Is there no end to your talent? This is lovely and is going to be a very up-market armchair caddy.

Anonymous said...

I'm a new follower. Gee you have a great range of work. Will enjoy essing the progress of the C Quilting.Love your needle case last post.