Thursday, June 3, 2010

There's Bad News and there's-----

Bad news. :-(
Today I decided to make a start on my Erosion Bundle project.
But when I went to the back room which is our sunroom the bundles were nowhere in sight.
I had left them in an open plastic bag ready to start on them this week--they were there on Saturday -but today gone.
That's G-O-N-E --- dissappeared never to be seen again.
You see our garbage is emptied early on Wednesday mornings and somehow the said plastic bag happened to find its way into the garbage bin.
Now there are only two people who live in this house and I know that I wasn't the person who put the plastic bag in question into the bin---I wonder who the culprit was?
In his defense I did tell him that I had put some stuff on the table out there that had to go in the bin --maybe I should have given clearer instructions.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I must apologise to everyone who was waiting to see what I had made from my bundles--all I can say is --we will never know now will we.

21 comments:

Françoise said...

Too bad...
Next time, you'll have to put a little sign on the bundle.

Aussie Jo said...

Oh Dear!!!!!!!

Cobi said...

what a pity Doreen. these erosion bundles are fascinating me and I love the results from them.

Kris said...

Maybe you could take a picture of where they WERE and I could post that on the Erosion Bundle blog????.....

:)

Joei Rhode Island said...

Art is difficult to discern for some people =-)
Oooops.

Ati said...

Oh so sorry Doreen. I was so exited after you showed us the result of the bundle packet in the rain and sun. Please try again next time :)

Maureen said...

Oh dear Doreen, and I bet you had great ideas for the bundles, I think we all have a 'it wasn't me ' in our homes!!

Heather said...

Oh dear Doreen, what a shame after all that anticipation. Never mind, it's one less task to be fulfilled! Can you start again with more bundles?

Robin Mac said...

Oh Doreen, I feel for you - and for Stephen! Now you will just have to create wonderful things in your imagination. Cheers, Robin

Pat said...

Oh Doreen, this is priceless. I'm sorry to laugh but that is just the kind of thing the other person who lives in this house would have done. Never mind, your winter is coming up isn't it? So you can start over for next year.

carole brungar said...

Can you re-do the project?

Maggi said...

Oh what a disappointment for you Doreen, after all that waiting and anticipation.

Sue McB said...

What a pity - bet the culprit is feeling sorry too...I'm sure the creations would have been great!

shirley said...

Doreen, how awful...I often lose stuff, but DH never ventures more than a step into my sewing/computer/etc room...probably thinks he will get lost forever.

Bet you have some really good stuff in that bag...

My daughter had a similar experience while moving house...sorted her daughters wardrobe, and put what was to be kept into a large plastic bag, and those to go in another plastic bag and her DH dumped both bags...

Poor darlings they try hard, dont they?

Dot said...

Oh dear - am so sorry to hear this!

Christine said...

Oh Doreen, what bad luck. I would've loved to be a fly on the wall in your house when you discovered that "someone" had thrown out your precious WISP !! Around here I'm the one who always gets accused of throwing things away when someone can't find things, usually they're where he left them, under a pile of other stuff, because I don't touch HIS room.
Commisserations (sp?)from Christine in soggy Sydney.

Sophie said...

Ooops!!! problem is, if you complain he may never take the rubbish out again...

Janet said...

In his defense, he did take out the garbage, at least!

Deborah said...

So sorry!

Martine said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh dont complain if you ever want him to take the garbage out again.
XXXm

femminismo said...

Oh, so sorry! Losing a bundle of opportunities - but next time everyone will know better! hopefully ...