Monday, June 7, 2010

Crazy Girls Day

Today it was my turn to host our Crazy Patchwork Friendship group and eight ladies turned up.
As you can see there is a lot of stitching goes on and cups of tea and coffee and biscuits.
We also have a show and tell and we share treasures with each other.
At our last meeting Annette shared her fibers and today I shared my tub of spare fabrics.




As you can see by the next two photos they were like bees round a honey pot.
They were gently fossicking in the tub looking for bits of fabric and but then I decided to empty the lot onto the floor and the rest is history.




They all took a plastic bag full home with them but I couldn't notice much of a difference to the amount when I put it back in my room after they had all left.
I must have had it pushed in there very tight.



I wonder what we will share next time?

5 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Somebody else's stash, which will look equally as large when everyone is finished! I think stashes have a life of their own and just fill every available space. Cheers,Robin

Heather said...

Your Friendship group sounds like fun and has a lot in common with all us textile fans. There's nothing like having a bag full of fabrics tipped out and being told to grab what you fancy! I love the journal page on your previous post, it's so pretty.

Maggi said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. There is something about a stash that has a life of its own.

Dot said...

You know I would have been diving in if I had of been there. Looks like you had a fun day Doreen.

Janet said...

Looks like you had a free-for-all at your house!! Wow....all that fabric! Those women must have been in heaven looking through it all.