Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Calendar Girls Postcard for May

My Calendar Girls Postcard for May is for Val.
The base is layered starting with a cheap apricot coloured felt- then a very fine piece of apricot silk and on top of this is a piece of apricot chiffon scarf.
I then stitched over this with the embellishing machine to create a some texture.
The flower is a paper one with a heart shaped metal brad in the centre and the stem is made with strands of wool felted in place with the embellisher.
I echo stitched with free machine embroidery around the flowers as a hilite.
Instead of leaves I have added some tiny feet because the verse in this months calendar says
"People always come and go but friends leave footprints in our hearts"
I hope that you like it Val and it is on it's way already.



10 comments:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Clever interpretation using feet for the leaves
Cheers

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Very nice Doreen! I, too, like the feet...very smart idea.

Micki said...

Love the little feet. It's a lovely postcard.

sharon young said...

Lovely, Doreen.

Val said...

I love it Doreen - it looks so pretty and feminine and I love the little footprints. Thankyou so much! Val

Françoise said...

It's beautiful Doreen. And I like these little feet. What a good idea!

Carol said...

It's lovely Doreen. Those feet are fabulous. Neat idea.

dogonart said...

Lovely idea. And your embellishing is so neat!

Joanna said...

I love those little tiny feet! How cute!

Dot said...

Beautiful work Doreen! Love the heart inside the flower and the little leaf feet suit the quote perfectly..