Saturday, April 28, 2007

TAST Running Stitch Week 17

This weeks stitch on Take a Stitch Tuesday was Running stitch.
I decided to do a base of running stitch in different patterns and then see where I would go from there.
The first sample shows the formation of the rows that I did.The second one shows the finished sample.
I played with the rows and did whipped running stitch and threaded running stitch and I also wove thread around 4 stitches in the 3rd lot of rows to make circles (like in my chicken scratch sample) .
I had no direct plan as to what I would do after I made the initial sample so I just let the needle and thread do the talking.
I used a variety of threads on Jobelin fabric (I think)
I'm pleased with how it turned out.
My sample folder is showing signs of "gapoza" (gaping at the edges ) I can only imagine what it will look like when the challenge is finished.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Like what you did here. lovely colours too.
i thik ebony was very clever with her mobile.

Elizabeth said...

Great sampler! I love the before and after picture. Thanks for posting.

neki desu said...

i like both views of your samples. the top one is very elegant in its simplicity and oh those beautifully even stitches!.

neki desu