I decided to do a base of running stitch in different patterns and then see where I would go from there.
The first sample shows the formation of the rows that I did.The second one shows the finished sample.
I played with the rows and did whipped running stitch and threaded running stitch and I also wove thread around 4 stitches in the 3rd lot of rows to make circles (like in my chicken scratch sample) .
I had no direct plan as to what I would do after I made the initial sample so I just let the needle and thread do the talking.
I used a variety of threads on Jobelin fabric (I think)
I'm pleased with how it turned out.
My sample folder is showing signs of "gapoza" (gaping at the edges ) I can only imagine what it will look like when the challenge is finished.