Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Embellisher

Before I went on holidays one of my friends at the Embroiderers Guild brought her Janome Embellisher along to one of our group meetings for us to see and have a little play.
Yippee do- did I have some fun( as well as breaking one of the needles) I produced this sample.
I started with a piece of green felt and then added some dyed scrim pieces and a few bits of dyed mulberry bark and some fibres.
I may have over felted it a bit but I rather like it anyway.

I am not sure what I will do with it --either make 2 postcards and 2 ATC's or maybe 2 needlecases --I will wait and see what eventuates after a few days of pondering-- and now I have to figure out how to convince my husband how I can fit one more thing in my sewing room.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sample Doreen, it'll make beautiful postcards, needlebooks or whatever else you decide to use it for. Such great colors.

Purple Missus said...

Great first attempt Doreen. Lovely colours. You really must convince your hubby that you NEED one. They're great fun.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Lovely colors. Can't wait to see what your ponderings produce. Good luck in your efforts to get an embellisher. You'll surely enjoy one.

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Love what you did... I am getting to play with a embellisher in May.. can't wait to try it out...

Dot said...

Oh, this is beautiful Doreen! What gorgeous colors.
Am sure you will make something very special from it.

I think the Janome Embellisher is something you NEED :)

Janet said...

I love the colors! If you figure out the way to convince your husband please share with all of us! We can use the method for all kinds of art supplies that we simply must have!

Maureen said...

Oh Doreen
Tell your husband that he can have FUN with the Xpression too!
I love mine(Xpression,that is.......Dh is lovable too)

Since using the Xpression I find I'm veering to brighter colours.

Annica said...

I hope you get an embellisher really soon, Doreen! I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you'll make.

Linda’s Textiles said...

they are fun to use aren't they, your piece is lovely. Do you have a birthday coming up?

Dianne said...

How did I miss this post? Isn't it fun!! Could you sneak one home - would he know?????