Saturday, April 14, 2007

Even more cards

Last Thursday I went back to my local Paper Art shop and made some more cards.
This class was called "Cards for all occasions".
Although this was a rushed class as we made 6 cards in 3 hours it was more about construction than anything else.
The first card is a wedding card and we used a Versamark ink pad to stamp the design and added embossing powder in silver and then used the heat gun to raise the embossing powder.
Holes were punched in two corners and ribbons were added. Next was a Mother's day card-I liked the design of the card but not the colours that were given to us.
The technique was pretty straight forward and was about layering different coloured card stock and adding ribbons.
The 3 gemstones are brads and in real life look quite glitzy.
This was not a favourite with me and I think it was mainly the colours that put me off. The 3rd card is a card for the man in your life..
There was a lot of fiddly bits to this card and I found it to be too busy,
I also chose the wrong ink to use so the stamping is not very clear.
Not happy with this one either..my fault not theirs.

The 4th card is a birthday card for a female.It has the opening in the centre where the pink panel on the left hand side meets the white panel on the right hand side.The centre piece with the floral stamp has part of it overlapping the pink section and the lime ribbon is added for effect. Next is a Christmas card which is very simple but effective.The white piece had 3 christmas trees cut with a punch but the trees were still attached to the white card as they weren't completely cut out like the normal punch does next this was placed on a piece of red card and the 4 brads were attached and then this section was adhered to the yellow green piece that was then adhered to the dark green card.
The last card was a childs birthday card. The design was stamped onto a small piece of white card and this was coloured with watercolour pencils and lightly washed with an Aqua Wash brush which makes it look like a water colour painting.The piece of orange ribbon was then tied to the piece of green card which was stuck onto the orange card and then adhered to the white card..
I learned a lot about layering and embellishing but what I really did learn from all of this is that I must start using some of the metres of ribbons that I have purchased in the past and then forgetten that I have them and also the dozens of brads that I have stashed away.I did make something else in another class but I can't show you until the person I made it for receives it as it is a surprise for her.

8 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are great...thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

they really look nice, the Mothersday card is my favourite.

Joanna said...

These cards are super! I wish I could take the paper class with you. Are these all your own stamps?

Joanna

Terri Stegmiller said...

Super cards! I love the hats on that last one.

Dot said...

Very pretty Doreen. I like all of these.

Micki said...

What beautiful cards. Hard to pick a favorite, but really like the Mother's day card.

Dianne said...

You are a lady of many talents!! These cards are great!!

Julie H said...

What a busy class! Sounds like you have a good store to go to. I like all the layers and ribbons - I have mine all hanging off coathangers in my craft room. They are so inspiring. The Christmas card is my favourite.