Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stitching on the Cruise

While I was cruising on the high seas I kept myself busy doing some silk ribbon embroidered brooches.
The last lot that I made in the middle of the year have all sold and I thought that I could make some more while I was away.
It was lovely sitting out on our balcony stitching away in the perfect light while the rest of the world drifter by.
All I have to do now is glue the brooch pins on the back and they are done.
The colours are fairly true and they really are pretty.







The next thing I have to do after Christmas is get all my stuff ready for the workshop that I am going to do with Karen Ruane from Contemporary Embroidery which is called Embroider Embellish Create so if you want to join take a peek you may want to do it as well.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Doreen, these are so beautiful!

Heather said...

These little brooches are exquisite Doreen - what a lovely holiday project. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to on that workshop.

carole brungar said...

Great to see you home safe, sounds like you had a real experience. Good for you. I agree with your comments. Why would you want them to change the way they live. What a dull place the world would be if we were all the same!
I love these too Doreen, where do you sell them? I would love to buy one.

Kris said...

Well, wow!! I love these. I was trying to find where you sell them.
They are so pretty!!

Maggi said...

Beautiful Doreen, no wonder you sold out of the others. What lovely buttons they would also make for a very special garment. Look forward to seeing what you do in your new workshop.

Janet said...

No wonder you sold out....these are beautiful! And what a lovely way to spend a few hours stitching from the balcony of a cruise ship!

Sandy said...

How beautiful.

Penny said...

We are amazing arnt we! Have to take something with us to do . These are lovely.

Shane Pollard said...

Dear Doreen
You're busy as a bee - beautiful brooches.

Like Carole I'm interested in buying one also - but knowing you - you probably donate them to the guild!!!

Happy Christmas to you and S.
love
Shane x

Suztats said...

So Gorgeous!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think that would be total bliss - to be able to sit on a ship and stitch the hours away. Ahhhhh....