This week we did Algerian Eye stitch.
I really liked doing this stitch.
I liked the patterns that I could create and the movement that could be achieved.
In the first sample I used a thread that I had hand dyed myself -I can't remember when I did it but I know it was a long time ago.
It is wool and I think it is a Flower stitch thread.
I experimented with design a little bit which is unusual for me and I rather liked what I ended up with.
A small bead was added in the centre of the large star shaped design.
In the second sample I used DMC Perle 8 thread reversing the colours and added a small bead in the centre of the middle section.
They are worked on 18 count Aida cloth.