Saturday, July 3, 2010

The last Signature

This is the third signature and here is the front cover page--scrapbook paper background covered with a lace doiley.





And the back cover page is the other section of the lace doiley which was wrapped around from the front.
There is a strip of fabric down the edge and a small piece of paper serviette .






Pages 1 and 2 ----on the left page is a piece of antique lace -some silk fabric and an old cloth picture from inside an old small pewter picture frame.
On the right hand page is a small page with some sheet music that came off yet another serviette.





Page 3 -is actually the reverse side of the small card and when it is opened out it reveals the small piece of paper tag on page 4 which is stitched down on top of a piece of cinimay (sp?) I think that is what it is called-it is used on hats.





Page 5 and 6 is the centrefold and has a stamped image inside the stitched square which is from where I had stitched on the previous page and the small picture is from a paper collage sheet.
Small bits of lace and fabric are held down with a button.
The page on the right has a pocket with a tag inside which is supposed to look like a packet of seeds.




Here we have a serviette which has herb flowers and the right side is the small page with a piece of torn up doiley stitched onto it.





When you lift the small page it reveals a tiny hand dyed flower on it and on the right side a tag with a torn up piece of doiley which had been stitched onto the tag before being glued to the page.





That's it --all 3 signatures done and I rather like how they look.
I think altogether I have used 10 different paper serviettes in these 3 signatures.
Now the challenge will be to make the cover for the journal.
Waiting with trepidation for the instructions :-(

15 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

For someone who was chattering all through class you sure have got a lot of work done Doreen ;o)

LOL

Beautiful book

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my - this just keeps getting better and better. This is obviously a great class and you've done a fine job. Lovely!!

Jenxo said...

just lovely Doreen, what a fantastic class.... i recognise somoe of those napkins , i love playing with them too...

shirley said...

Hello Doreen, these are beautiful I like the use of the lace doileys for the cover. Next time we go to our main town I am going to get some felt to make a journal of my samplers, and the lace adornments is a good idea for the cover...hope you dont mind if I end up doing that....and dont forget that I was going to in the meantime.:)

Nancy said...

Outstanding!

Aussie Jo said...

They all gorgeous!!

Micki said...

Your signatures look great. I love the vintage look they have to them.

Val said...

Yep! They really do look 'old' - just lovey.

maggi said...

Help, your beautiful signatures have made me realise just how far I have got behind. Hope Carole doesn't give me a detention.

Ati. said...

wow wow, thats all what I can say! Fantastic for someone who sit so quit and silent back in the class. LOL
Love all your pages !!

Bunty said...

Love your pages Doreen - you are obviously able to multi-task in the class!!

Barbara

Robin Mac said...

Oh boy, you have been sooooo busy - all the pages are superb, I love looking at them. I hope you have warmed up slightly - Stuart said the thermometer hit -9 at Conder the other day. I am NEVER coming to visit in winter!! Cheers, Robin

Jacquelines blog said...

Looks great!!!!

Angelcat said...

Your journals are beautiful!

purplepaint said...

Oh your pages are fabulous!!!! Where did you find the napkins? I haven't found any really pretty ones as yet, will have to hunt around some more... Marva