The rules were to create a 3D container that was embellished with one of the stitches listed which were running stitch and variations of it, like --whipped-laced-threaded etc.
A piece of fabric 50cm x 70cm any fabric any colour.
Threads--any type any colour.
Other embellishments--limited to 2 buttons.
You must have at least 50% of the fabric visible and use at least one button.
I had a piece of hand dyed silk which was 50 x 70 cm which I crinkled by wetting it and then twisting it up into a roll and letting it dry like that.
When it was dry the crinkles were permanently set into position.
I then ironed it onto a very fine cotton iron on interfacing to set the pleats.
Next I did the stitching using Running stitch which is my second most favourite stitch after French Knots and I also added the button.
Then the big challenge came---I used a container that somene had given me which originally had a bottle of whisky in it and I lined it with felt on the outside to give the box some substance.
The fabric was the correct size for the outside but when I folded it over to create the lining it was too big so I had to put darts in it and the drama that followed and the language that I was using (under my breath that is) was not befitting a lady of my standing :-}
Anyway here is a picture of the finished "container".This is the front view-------
And the side view------------
Now the story takes a twist---because I couldn't get the inside piece to fit properly, I decide to piece some bits that I had trimmed off the edges when I was straightening the fabric in the first place--and I made a square to fit inside the top to cover up the messy lining and I also added some running stitch as well.
This is a view of it lying down.
Phew am I glad this is over, and if anyone asks me what it is I am going to say it's a "Secrets Container"--end of story.