Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Embellish Stitch and Enrich samples Week 3

My samples for week 3 are finished and each week we learn so many new things.
This week we were doing woven strips.
The first sample is made with strips of sari silk and other silks embellished onto a fine pre-felt fabric called Embellisher Bundles from the Thread Studio.
After the strips were embellished down we had to cut them up and then place them in a mosiac design which was then embellished in place-- I added strips of silk thread in a grid to complete it.








In the next sample I have woven Funky Felted yarns with a felted wool yarn -embellished it and added some hand stitching.




The third sample is silk Slushies on the pre-felt fabric and hand stitching.



Finally this piece is from the same sample piece as the previous one but this time I also embellished lightly from the reverse side which brings the base colour through to the front .




So much fun and there's still more to come.

10 comments:

Penny said...

I love these Doreen but dont feel much like doing anything at the moment.Just had the news that my lovely, gorgeous 16 year old grand daughter is 6 months pregnant. I think we are all in shock although determined to make it easy for her, except her wretched father. Enough said.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Lovely samples Doreen. Don't you just love the possibilities of the embellisher?

Joei
Rhode Island

Sandy said...

Great samples. We are already half was through.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

As I always say - our art form is infinite. The only limitation is TIME - where does it go???
The pleasure of making these samples comes through on your blog.
Cheers

Janet said...

These are all so pretty. You're just learning all sorts of new techniques. I especially like the first two but that may just be because of the colors! They all have such interesting textures.

Micki said...

Your samples are lovely, as always. I am still trudging along with my challenge piece for Lesson 2, but have started a piece which combines some of both lessons 3 and 4.

Robin Mac said...

I really like these Doreen, and I can't wait to start the course with the next intake.

Joanna said...

Doreen, these are great!!!! Love em and the colors. Great work.

Debbi Baker said...

Fabulous pieces Doreen - I love the bright ones especially but they are all terrific. Sounds as though it is a great class for getting you to experiment!

Dot said...

ooooh....yum!