Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wonderful Art in the mail

Recently I have been involved in several swaps and I received in return these great treasures.
Firstly this beautiful postcard from Barbara in Germany.
It is made from Lutradur and lace and is painted/dyed blue and has gold painted sections as well as gold glitter sprinkled throughout it.
The texture is amazing----Thank you Barbara.


Next I have this absolutely outstanding piece of art from Julie.
I swapped her two of my tassels for this masterpiece--how lucky am I.
I forgot to take a photo of the tassels but if you visit Julie's blog you can see them.
The depth of the embellishments on these ATC sized pieces is incredible and I can't stop touching them.
Thank you Julie you are indeed a wonderful artist.





11 comments:

Dianne said...

What wonderful mail. Love how the ATC's are presented - a great idea!!

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
You really have a treasure! Thanks for the link to Julie's blog too. I've enjoyed her photos!
Susan

Unknown said...

Those where great swaps!!

Nellie's Needles said...

Interesting and beautiful pieces, including the tassels you had made.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow...you had great things arrive in your mailbox! Lucky you!

Françoise said...

Beautiful mail indeed, lucky you!

Micki said...

Wonderful mail, Doreen.

Janet said...

Beautiful postcard....and how lucky to own a piece of Julie's work. She is just amazing!!

Dot said...

The postcard from Barbara is gorgeous! You are very blessed to own some of Julie's art (as I am). She is so talented. These ATC's are fabulous and your tassles are gorgeous too. The one you made for me hangs in pride of place in my kitchen.

Love to you and Ebony xoxo

Kate North said...

The ATC triptych is wonderful - and I went over to Julie's and saw your tassles, which are also wonderful.

gunnelsvensson said...

Oh, you are lucky! What a great mail!