Sunday, October 28, 2007

TAST Week 44 Zig Zag Spanish Knotted stitch

I can't believe it but I am a week early not a week late.
Sharon B is away in NZ for a short time and has posted both week 43(this weeks stitch -see below) and also week 44(which is next weeks stitch) and I have finished both of them.
I decided to do this sample while I was in the mood and it was no use keeping it to post next week so here it is.
No matter what I did I couldn't make it look neat and tidy and I tried to keep it even but to no avail so what you see is what you get.
I also found there wasn't much I could do with it as well.



The fabric is a pale blue linen and the thread is Perle Cotton

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Week 44 can't believe it!! I've never heard of this stitch - looks interesting though.

Val said...

Hi Doreen - I couldn't get in to make a comment yesterday - will try again in a mo. You made a good job of something that sounds as if you struggled a bit! What about doing another row on top of the single row and weaving the needle under what is already there - would that make a variation?! Val

JoWynn Johns said...

You've shown how effective this stitch can be with variegated thread or using more than one color thread. I like these samples.

Penny said...

You are ahead of me, I usually get mine up by now but I havent had time, next week i think.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This one is intimidating me too Doreen. I'm still working on the drizzle tho, so I have time to muster my courage for thi sone.