Saturday, October 27, 2007

TAST Week 43 Drizzle Stitch

This weeks stitch is Drizzle stitch.
I think that I have done this stitch before-once- when I had a day with a friend who was trying to teach me Brazillian embroidery.
I find this a fun stitch to do but I have problems using rayon threads-they seem to find every little piece of skin that may be sticking up on my hands and I am forever pulling the threads.
My sample of the cluster of stitches is worked in Broder Cotton- and believe it or not it measures only 4 cm---the single stitches to the right were worked in a thick silk and I used a chenille needle with a bit of effort to pull the needle through the stitches--just to see what they would look like.
Altogether I am pleased with this sample.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I really like this stitch. I can see the possibilities.

Val said...

I love this stitch Doreen - especially the single ones - like 'up market' French Knots! They look as if they are attached by a single thread - is that right? Val

JoWynn Johns said...

Love the colorful cluster. What a great idea!

Ati said...

Hi, your cluster looks like a bunch of candy ! Nice!