Monday, January 8, 2007

Artist Trading Cards

These are the 5 Trading cards that I have made for Dale Rollersons "Make 5 Take 5" swap in February".
The background is made using the off cuts from when I rolled hemmed some silk scarves for a friend .
I placed the bits onto a piece of gold metallic fabric and stitched it down with gold thread.The little tile is covered with some paper that I have dyed and I have attached them on with gold thread.
I then stitched around them using a narrow zigzag stitch to make them stand out a bit more.
Whoops I have just noticed one of them is missing the stitched border around the tile--I must fix that.
The colour has photographed a bit lighter than the true colour---

5 comments:

linda stokes said...

Hi Doreen,
Well done you! love the ATCs too.
Linda.

Dotee said...

Hi Doreen
Love these ATC's! They are works of art. Beautiful colors.

Gunnels blog said...

Hi Doreen!
i really love your ATC, they are beautiful!
Your ask about my orange 1x1 inch squares, and yes, they are only 1x1 inch! :-))

downunderdale said...

Hi Doreen

Welcome to blogland -

cheers
Dale

Dianne said...

Beautiful ATC's - maybe I'll get to take one of these home in Feb!!?