Monday, October 17, 2011

Padded Embellishments

Todays button as part of the Button's and More class is a padded embellishment--you can just see the outline of the covered button behind the green fabric.
The fabric I have used is one of my hand dyed silks--it is Silk Georgette and has French knots in Silk Ribbon and thread which were hand dyed at the same time as the silk.
I am going to wear it as a brooch because I love this green.





I am going to experiment and make more of these using different fabrics.

10 comments:

Jan said...

Hello Doreen... how you doin'? Busy crafting by the look of it! I love your buttons and the idea of using this latest pretty silk one as a brooch will work really well I think. Nice to do something a but different isn't it.
Thank you for your comment on my book box. I really enjoyed making it despite the fiddly page construction. I'm now going to make some vintage fabric banners (hopefully!) Take care, Jan x

Maggi said...

Gorgeous. I love the way the Georgette sparkles.

Heather said...

This is so unusual Doreen and I love the shapes and textures. Such a novel way of using covered buttons.

Janet said...

This one is beautiful and very much my style....I love it. All the embellishments plus the sparkle of the fabric just seem to be made for each other.

Monica said...

Hi Doreen, it's fabulous - and will look great as a brooch.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great idea to use this one as a brooch. I love the MOP buttons!

shirley said...

Love this colour too and it will make a very glamoourous brooch. It is always great to see something new and creative and you never disappoint

Stitching Lady said...

Lovely brooch, it will be great to see.

Linda said...

I love all the buttons you've been making Doreen, and so pleased I finally clicked onto your blog. You have some amazing work. Thank you for the lovely eye candy this morning. Goodness, there is always something more amazing everyday in Blogland........ Cheers.

Carmen said...

oh! beautiful job Doreen!.