Sunday, October 23, 2011

Button 6

This is the sixth button that I have made in the class with Karen and it was the most difficult one so far.
I have problems with fiddly bits where I am working in confined spaces but after several attempts I managed to get this one right.
The centre part is made from a piece of silk organza which had the cutwork design on it and I have layered it over a piece of pink cotton Voile to give it a little bit of colour.




I had a slight accident yesterday which could have been worse than it was.
I was making my Christmas pudding and when it had finished cooking I was lifting it out of the boiler when it slipped out of my hands back into the boiling water which then splashed up onto my chest and arms.
After screaming like a mad Banshee woman and uttering a few unlady like words I pulled my top off and immediately and went and had a cold shower.
I rang the help hotline who put me onto a doctor and luckily I had done everything correctly and she gave me advice on what to do next.
Luckily it did not blister so I realise that I was very lucky indeed.
Oh and the pudding was not hurt in the drama.
Hope the family appreciate it at Christmas time.



18 comments:

shirley said...

you are so lucky that you weren't burnt more seriously...I have always had a cream call butesan picreate in the cupboard for burns. (I dont know about the spelling)

That is a borgeous button too...I love what you are doing with them

Penny said...

You were very lucky, I am always sure I am going to do that. Love your buttons.

Jenny said...

Oh Doreen... I am so happy that it wasn't more serious... what a scare for you...imagine there will be a Christmas pudding story on Christmas Day... your button is gorgeous... so intricate...

Hugs
Jenny x

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely buttons Doreen.
So glad you weren't badly burnt!!
Lucky you knew the correct first aid.

Gina E. said...

Oh Doreen!! What a shock for you; I am so glad you weren't seriously burnt, or rather, you acted quickly to prevent severe burns.
Your buttons are all beautiful. Clever lady!

Heather said...

That must have been so painful Doreen and hardly fair when you were being a domestic goddess! What a good thing you were clear headed enough to do all the right things. Hope you are feeling more comfortable now.
Your latest button is beautiful and will make a lovely addition to something special.

Emmy said...

love this button

Suztats said...

Thank goodness you're alright! Please take care. Hugs

Lalhezar said...

Doreen - these buttons look fantastic, especially the one with the organza we dyed. Hope you are recovered from the xmas pudding incident - that is a horrible thing to happen. We are enjoying Paris and recovered from the journey - 30 hours - it was awful. Take care Suzanne

Micki said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad it is not worse and you will be okay.

Sandy said...

Ouch. I hope you are OK now.
The button and all the others are wonderful. I love buttons.

Janet said...

I'm glad you instinctively knew what to do right away and that you didn't do serious harm to yourself. I'm sure it's painful but at least no blisters. I bet everyone will love the pudding and appreciate all you went through to make it.

And the button is beautiful and very feminine and frilly.

Doris said...

I am so glad you weren't seriously hurt with severe burns. The button is beautiful.

Sue McB said...

Glad that you were OK - it could have been so much worse! Well done for being so organised so early!

Maggi said...

Thank goodness you weren't badly burned. I think that should have a special place at the Christmas table. The button is lovely, so delicate.

Monica said...

It's a beautiful button, Doreen, and I'm glad your burns weren't too serious. I'm sure your family will enjoy the Christmas pud.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm very glad that you weren't seriously hurt and that you knew the right things to do to minimize the damage. I hope the family enjoys every bite of that pudding!

Christine said...

Glad you've been enjoying your button classes Doreen, sorry to hear about your accident. Lucky you did the instinctive thing and minimised the damage. I can still remember getting burnt with hot water as a child and spending time with cotton wool over my burns. At the time that was the accepted treatment ! Still have the scar on my chest too.
Cheers,
Christine in sunny Sydney