Sunday, August 1, 2010

Portrait of (Dorian) Doreen Grey

Ebony wanted to draw a picture of me while she was here over the weekend so I agreed to pose for her----If only I looked as good as she thinks I look.
The small marks on my face that she has added are blemishes that I have--the doctor called them age spots and she has them in the correct places.
My glasses are a bit off centre but what the heck ---maybe the square eyes may be from looking at the computer too much--and the dot near my mouth is a mole.
I think she has talent but then I might be a little bit biased--and anyone who can make me look that good has something going for them.

Back in 2007 Ebony drew a portrait of me when she was 7 and I blogged about it here so if you want to see how I looked way back then go take a peek but --be afraid-be very afraid.

14 comments:

Heather said...

Ebony's drawing skills have moved on apace since her last portrait of you. She certainly has talent - I find faces so difficult to draw.

Maggi said...

Ebony certainly has a flair for this. I have never been able to do faces. Very impressive.

Joei Rhode Island said...

She's a smart girl .... flattery will win lots of time with gra'ma. Besides...I think it's pretty good likeness.

Janet said...

Ebony has grown in her drawing skills from that picture in 2007. I think she's done a wonderful job on this latest one. And I'm not her grandma so I'm not one bit biased!

PS - you look good without Ebony's help.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

How charming! I think Ebony has real talent. I wish I could draw a portrait half as good as that! I clicked on the previous one too, and just love it! Love your stitches too Doreen

Have a great week, Carolyn xo

Janny de Roo said...

Looks great...hihi !

Sue McB said...

What a great portrait - that artistic skill will be well nurtured by her Gran I'm sure...a big change in three years - perhaps the Archibald in time??

Aussie Jo said...

Both the portriats are just gorgeous, and Ebony has illustrated your sweet nature perfectly!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

If I had half as much drawing talent I'd be thrilled! Ebony is a delight and it's hard to believe this drawing was done by someone so young. Obviously she has inherited your creative genes!!

Penny said...

Great picture, if she can make every one look so young she has a great future as a portrait painter!

Pat said...

Ebony obviously sees you as her "Glamorous Gran". I would say she is clever and talented.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Lovely portrait by Ebony, you look
very cute!

Robin Mac said...

How gorgeous - Ebony has done a super job, she has sure got talent. I clicked on the link to the early one too - I love your stitched portrait, I found all those faces fascinating, they had lots of extra ones on the website, butI imagine they are long gone now. Cheers, Robin
PS have you shivered away yet?

Val said...

What a talent that granddaughter of yours is! It's a lovely drawing of you, just as the other one was (I clicked to see too!) but this one is the real mcCoy - Ebony's talent is maturing with age!