Last week when I wasn't feeling well I thought I would do something to cheer myself up.
I started with a rectangle box canvas which I had previously coloured with an stamp ink pad. Next I added torn papers from the ones that Janet had sent me in my giveaway prize (see below) and Hilary had sent me several weeks ago.
I added stamped and stencilled designs using acrylic paints - then I played around with walnut ink and colourwash sprays to create a wash effect.
I then used a sanding block to distress it and finally added a couple of coats of Mod Podge to give it a semi gloss appearance.
Lastly I added 2 "Kaiser" wood flourishes that I had painted black and added Goldfinger around the edges for hilites.
I rather like how it turned out but I am sorry that I didn't take step by step photos as I went along as I was really not sure what I was doing and just kept plodding along.
I will have another go this week and see what I come up with.