Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Art

Today Ebony and I spent a bit of time together painting--I can't show you hers because it isn't finished yet.
We were using box canvasses and I painted mine in acrylics using the colours that Ebony squeezed out onto the tray and I painted and stamped designs onto it.
Then I placed a Tim Holtz flourish masks over it and sprayed the whole thing with black paint.
When I removed the flourish -this is what was left.
I rather like it-- looks a bit like grafiti doesn't it.





This is what the painted canvas looked like after I had finished the painting.
There was no design planned with the painting I was just using up all the leftover paint that Ebony had squeezed out.



Extra note--
Yesterday I was reading Debbi's blog and she had mentioned that she had purchased this mask and used it but was not overly wrapped in it so I told her I would use mine( which I had just purchased as well) to see how it looked.
I must admit I am happy with how it turned out but it can be a bit hit and miss--but then if you don't like it you can just gesso over it and start again :-)

10 comments:

Sandy said...

I love it.

Heather said...

It's gorgeous Doreen - I love swirly designs and flourishes.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice! And a great way to use up some leftover paint. I bet you and Ebony had a grand time.

Maggi said...

I like both of these. Just checked out the Tim Hotz video and they look really impressive. Thanks for the link to Debs blog.

Janet said...

LOVE it!!!! I have some of those Tim Holtz masks/stencils. I often just put all my leftover paint onto a page in my art journal just to use it up. I keep layering until it's something I like but this idea is terrific! I might have to "steal" it and give it a go.

Maureen said...

That is a very professianal looking flourish!!

Dot said...

It looks great Doreen! Love the colors and look forward to seeing Ebony's when it is finished too.

Debbi Baker said...

Hey Doreen I love what you have done with the mask! It defintely looks great the way you have used it. I think I just need to use it on a big project to really appreciate it. Thanks for your ideas - they have expanded my mind about this!!

Val said...

Love that Tim Holtz Flourish Doreen - the way you've used it is brilliant!

Aussie Jo said...

Looks great fun, I'll have to get my paints and flourishes out and let Claudia have a play.