Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stuff that makes my heart sing

When I went to the post box yesterday there was this bulging parcel waiting for me from Paula.
She had notified me to say she had sent me a parcel --a sort of belated birthday present.
Not much she said and if I couldn't use all of it I could give some to Ebony.
It's a wonder you didn't hear me shriek wherever you are because I sure made a noise.
I couldn't believe my eyes---------------
All these lovely Sari silks--such yummy Autumn colours.






More silks......................



What about these fibers


And laces...................


More lace-black and navy...............





Beads..........................




More silks.................





Now I know I am a good Grandmother but if anyone thinks that I am giving any of this to Ebony well they can think again.
Thank you Paula for such a wonderful gift and I will put it all to good use.
I can hear my embellisher calling out to me--"come show me what you got"

11 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

AHA! THAT's what all that racket was I was hearing from down under!! Wow, what a great package of treasures.

sharon young said...

Wow! what a very generous friend you have. Fantastic colours, can't wait to see how you use them.

Dot said...

I thought I could hear something! Oh - it was you jumping for joy and making noise he hee..

Can understand why - what a fantastic stash. Your friend Paula ia very generous!

And you are very generous too and deserve to be showered with gifts each day.

Lovely, lovely, stuff..

Dot xx

Dot said...

P.S I love those flower laces...yumm...

Françoise said...

Beautiful goodies.
And I'm sure Ebony will get some of it...

dogonart said...

just popped in to let you know I'm reading your blog and...OH! what a wonderful parcel ....love the look of those pencil rovings as well. Lucky you

Genie said...

Lots of Beautiful goodies, enjoy yourself

Paula Hewitt said...

glad you liked it! Im sort of thinking it might have been good if Id ironed it first.... that rose lace is an off cut from my wedding dress. and blue/green/purple habotai is the handpainted stuff i did - so it may not be colour fast. I hope i managed to include some of the silk chiffon scarves (i was in a bit of a flap at the PO - 6 parcels to mail out) i thought they would be perfect for the embellisher. Have fun!

Sandy said...

Lucky you. I hope you had a great birthday.

Julie H said...

OOOOH I want Paula as my friend ;) these are gorgeous.

Timaree said...

That's a wonderful gift. Your granddaughter gets what's left when you finally leave this earth. That's what I tell my kids and grandkids.