I know that I have been quiet lately but I have been busy making "stuff" for the Embroiderers Guild exhibition held on the last weekend in September.
Most of the things I exhibit are not the traditional embroidery items and this year is no exception.
We do have a very active Creative and Machine Embroidery group and now an Embellisher group has been added to the ME group.
This year I have made a few wall art pieces and also this "Not quite a Dressel" piece.
Lynda had an article in the June edition of Workshop on the Web about how to make a Dressel.
This piece started out to be a dressel -but I couldn't bring myself to slash the required lines in the piece of fabric that I made on the embellisher with a soldering iron.
I decided to make it into a "vase" and instead of the flowers going in the vase they are on the outside.
The base fabric was made as per the instructions in the article and I cut the flowers out of another piece then stitched 2 of them together to make a flowers.
These were hand stitched onto the base and then the copper coloured pearl beads were added for accent.
I also hand couched a Stef Francis thread around the flowers.
This is a view of the vase on it's side and you can just see the cord twisting around the flowers.