Monday, May 17, 2010

The Green One

This is the green bag--well turquoise to be precise.
I had made a green dye from the turquoise and lemon-yellow dye powder and I added that to one side of the zip lock bag and added straight turquoise to the opposite side then added the soda ash and water.
The darker green piece on the left hand side was a taupe colour before I dyed it so that is the reason that I got this colour.
Again there are silks-cotton and lace etc in this bundle.




The piece with the brown on it is a silk fabric which had a design on it that was brown.
There are doylies and cotton motifs in there as well.


Perle 5 cotton and some rayon ribbon and a lace flower.


The piece underneath everything else is the felt bit again and there is silk ribbon and their are several laces on the top that were supposed to be 100% cotton that are used for heirloom sewing but I think someone was telling fibs when they labelled this-but I do like how they turned out.



OK there you have it-now all that is left is I have to stop admiring them all and make something with them.

8 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Wow, Doreen, I have just come home and I am catching up on blogs. Your dyeing is lovely, gives me heart to get out the procion dyes I have tucked away and give it a go - will have to do some serious tidying away of junk first though, the bench where I dye is layers deep in everybody else's stuff! Cheers, Robin

Sandy said...

What wonderful pieces you are getting. You'll have so much fun using them.

Micki said...

They are fabulous. Lovely results.

Maggi said...

Admire them for as long as you like, they are works of art in themselves. Having said that, I can't wait to see what you do make with them.

Heather said...

More gorgeous coloured fabrics Doreen - you must be very pleased with them all.

Janet said...

More incredible colors! I think turquoise might be my second favorite color after purple. And I really like the color of the fabric that was taupe....looks like an olive green. Love that, too!

Monica said...

This looks like a fantastic process, Doreen. I'd like to learn how to do it myself - you seem to be having a ball with it.

Hilary Metcalf said...

How wonderful Doreen - dyeing your own stuff is quite addictive, as I am sure you have already found out. Can't wait to see what you do with all that lovely colourful stuff.