Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Catching up--TAST-Weeks 48 and 49

I'm playing catch up again and I have just made it before the big 50 is announced- week 50 that is.
The top one is week 48 Knotted cable Chain stitch which looks very nice in this variegated thread as each one has come out a different colour.
Not a hard stitch to do either.
The background fabric is a lovely lemon shade but here it just looks a dirty colour.


Week 49 is pistil stitch and I quite enjoy doing this stitch maybe it's the French knot bit on the end.
I started out thinking I would do some flowers and after a few of them they began to look like snowflakes so then I found some fancy thread I think it's called Glisten Gloss but I'm not sure ,but they definitely looked like snowflakes-if you click on the picture to enlarge it you can see the sparkle.
The fabric is a fine even weave linen and the other white thread is perle 5.





4 comments:

Annica said...

Great samples Doreen! I'm very impressed with your TAST work! Well done!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice! Your snowflakes look like the real thing. I know that for a fact because I can just step outside my door to do a comparison.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Hi Doreen
Just a quick note to say...I'm sooo impressed that you have continued with TAST. I like your snow flakes! I can write comments on your blog now..though I don't have a public blog. I will watch your space for your Calendar Girls 2008, too.
Joei
Rhode Island

Françoise said...

Lovely! I like your little snowflakes.
Looking forward to the calendar girls thing!