Saturday, October 30, 2010

Three more birthday ATC's

This week I received 3 more ATC's from the Birthday swap that Kate North has been running.
The first two have been on a little journey of their own and have been travelling for over a month and they only had to come from Victoria (Australia) and the other one is from the US.
I still have four to come--one I know for sure will arrive as the lady contacted me personally this week but I think that I will be lucky to get the last three which is very dissappointing seeing as these ladies had their birthdays earlier in the year and they have received all their cards.
I find it hard to understand why people enter into these swaps knowing fullwell that it is a year long committment and then don't follow through.
The problem is we haven't heard from several of these ladies for quite sometime now and it is not hard to figure out what they are up to.
Oh well I suppose it takes all types to make a world but at least I can look at myself in the mirror knowing I have played my part.

From Pauline B


From Joy

From Dove




That's my rant over and done with on this matter but I will think hard before I join something like this again.

9 comments:

Jen xo said...

they are lovely Doreen, sometimes the post is a bit dodgy!

i can understand your frustration, there always seems a one or two that spoil it for everyone...

Heather said...

Good to know your postal system is as good as ours at times!! Some people are very selfish but the ATCs you did receive are so lovely - treasure those with happy thoughts Doreen.

Suztats said...

The swaps you received are very nice. It's a shame not everyone plays fair. Have a great weekend!

Janet said...

The ATCs you received are beautiful and the colors are so you! I used to get upset about swaps but then I thought about all the things life can throw your way in the course of a year....illness, accidents, deaths, even art slumps,etc....so who knows what happened to those people.

Enjoy the ones you did receive and don't let the others get you down.

shirley said...

You must have been quite chuffed at receiving these lovely ATC's

Penny said...

I tend to agree Doreen, end of the month and I have 18 out of I think a possible 33.
I know things happen but I always think the ones early in the year tend to get all of the atc's and then it all falls over once they have had their birthdays.

Gina E. said...

I got myself a bad reputation when I was running some of those swaps...I would repeatedly email people and post messages on their blogs, until they responded to me to say why they hadn't kept up their side of the swap! Some got quite hostile! But at least I got results most of the time, by embarrassing some of them into doing something! In the end though, I just accepted that I was lucky to get lovely ATCs etc. from people like yourself, Joy, Pauline, etc. and to forget about the others.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It takes all kinds of people to make a world I guess - it's just too bad when some of them sign up for things simply for what they themselves can get. At least the ones you HAVE received are lovely!!
(the word verification is 'messing' which is what people like that do - they are 'messing' with our heads!)

Hilary Metcalf said...

Oh dear, how disappointing. I am afraid I gave up being in swaps years ago for that very reason. I was in an early fat quarter swap in Southern Cross quilters - my birthday is right at the end of the year, and I got less than half of the FQs I shouldh have. I followed up by email with the offending participants, who all had lots of excuses why they dropped out (after they received theirs!). I said no problem, just pop the FQ I sent you in an envelope and send it back, and we'll call it quits - not a one came back!