Yesterday our Paper Arts group at the Guild had a play at a technique that used PVA glue- watercolour paints and 0il pastels.
Usually I have problems when I am doing "art"techniques because I cannot visualise the finished picture.
But this time I took a leap of faith and bounded head first into the project and I was surprised at how easy it was.
I started with this picture which was from the front of a birthday card-----------
I then converted it to black and white-----------------
Next I had to do a colour wash over the black and white picture with watercolour paints and then rub over with oil pastels to add texture to certain areas.
This process was done several times to built up the colours-------
In the next two pictures you can see some gold hilites.
These two pictures were started before the above one because I had to draw around parts of the picture with PVA glue and then wait for it to dry---------------