Monday, September 27, 2010

Guild Exhibition 2010

Our members are very diversified in the type of embroidery that they do as you can see.
We have a gentleman who attends the evening group and by all accounts he does beautiful work.
After much encouragement he submitted these two beautiful Filet Crochet doileys.
Aren't they magnificent.



This beautiful bag has machine made cords appliqued down the front of it.



I loved this traditional embroidered cloth-so tactile and colourful.



Here is a chatelaine that has Australian Wildflowers and birds worked in Stumpwork.




I watched for months the lady who embroidered these two peacocks working away doing the cross stitches and I was in awe of all the work involved.




This is a mixed media piece-and you will need to click on it to see all the texture she has created.
This piece is worked by the same lady who worked the blue bag in the previous post.



Lastly this incredible piece of Stumpwork--so much work and oh so beautiful.







3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Oh how I want to come back again to see another guild exhibition. the photos you have shown are truly amazing, it is impossible to choose a favourite out of them all. Your mewmbers are so talented. Cheers, Robin

Suztats said...

Lovely work! It must be stimulating to work with others, and watch the progress they are making. Oh how I wish there was a guild in my area! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Gina E. said...

Thank you so much for posting all these photos, Doreen - it is lovely to see the variety of work done by your Guild members. I've tried to persuade our Guild committee to relax their rules about taking photos of their exhibitions, but they won't allow it at all. I think some of them are a bit 'precious', imagining that someone will try to copy their designs from a blog page...
Is that peacock really cross stitch? I got it up close on my screen, and it is so fine, it looks more like embroidery. Stunning!