Friday, April 9, 2010

The Last one I Promise

I promise this will be the last one---I used a lace motif for the back petals and then 3 different sized calico ones on top of that.
I have glued the centre coil again but I used a finer fabric this time which was a big improvement.
I hate letting a technique get the better of me so I just persisted until it worked.
I cut out 2 green leaves from felt fabric and have just placed them under the flower for effect.





Here is the flower without the leaves--What do you think?
Which one looks the best?




That's it --no more I promise.

13 comments:

Ati. said...

I love them, both! But the green leaves give just thát little bit extra :)

Jenxo said...

ive been wanting to try this myself Doreen, they look so pretty, i like the leaves too...

it was a great video...jenxo

Aussie Jo said...

These are gorgeous Doreen, I love the subtlety of the one without the leaves, but both would look sensational on a jacket lapel.

Janet said...

No need to stop as far as I'm concerned....I love seeing them! I like the leaves. It gives it just the right touch.

maggi said...

I don't believe for one minute that you won't be making any more of these beauties. I prefer it without the leaves as to me they are too well defined, maybe if the edges were less sharp. Good job we are all different!

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Thanks for your very kind comments Doreen. These are just great flowers. You'll laugh, I made one two and plan to make more next week. Cheers.

Monica said...

Doreen, your shabby chic roses are beautiful. I like the one with the leaves best - they seem to finish it off.

Dotti said...

They're both so nice Doreen...you sure have the hang of it now!

Dot said...

Oh my Doreen - these are gorgeous!

Pat said...

Well as you know I prefer them without the leaves but this one is truly gorgeous.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awww...you don't have to stop posting them because I love seeing them! I vote for the leaves, but they're pretty either way.

Jacquelines blog said...

Very lovely Doreen!

freebird said...

I like it with the leaves! Pretty little flower.