Friday, April 9, 2010

A few more Shabby Chic Roses

I have made a few more of these SC Roses and I am improving with each one.
I haven't been happy with the centre piece--I normally don't have any problems with glue but I haven't like the way the glued section became very hard when it had dried.
I didn't use much glue but it still was very stiff and hard when I had finished.
So I decided to do a different centre piece-which is on the flower on the right side.
I made a fabric covered button and attached that instead.....and I like this idea much better.

Other people have stitched the centre coil instead of glueing it so I will give that a try as well.


Aussie Jo said...

I love the colours Doreen, the black stripe gives it a great contrasting zing.
When you get all the bugs ironed out I will have a go!!!!

neki desu said...

i really really like these.funky but classy