Monday, August 31, 2009

August Postcard swap

The theme for the August postcard swap for the "Fabric Postcard for Stitchers"group was "Summertime" or the "colour yellow".
Well how could I think of summertime when it is freezing outside so I chose to do yellow.
I have this lovely fabric with fairies on it so this is what I made my card from.
I hilited the wings and the dress of the fairy with machine stitching in gold metallic thread but it is hard to pick up in the photo.



My swap partner was Cindy from the US and this is the postcard that she sent me.
I am not sure if Cindy has a blog or not but I cannot seem to find it if she has.
It is very textural and if you click on the photo you should be able to see all of it.


Thank you Cindy I love it.

6 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

The yellow is fabulous.
First day of spring tomorrow, but only 6C overnight here, brrrrrrrr.

Heather said...

Hope you are warmer today Doreen. It was chilly here yesterday but not so bad today - just grey and dismal. I love the postcards - your fairy is beautiful.

Anneke said...

you are right, the texture is wonderful

Sandy said...

Both cards are great. Glad you like my necklace.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I love the yellow fairy Doreen - she's lovely!

Margaret Hall said...

Love both of the postcards, Doreen~!! What a collection you must have by now~! Just wonderful to see the talent with the crafts.
Have a great weekend and enjoy life~!