After much deliberation I have finally finished my March postcard for the Calendar Girls challenge.
My first attempt was with wet felting but that was a disaster-then I attempted one with card stock- another disaster then Tissuetex you've guessed it -another disaster.
So I finally decided to do fabric again and that was heading in the same direction but then while searching through the stash a piece of fabric fell out onto the floor and lo and behold it was just what I was after.
I think it had been sent to me by some wonderful blogger with a card that we had swapped but I can't remember who it was.
There were flower designs appearing amongst the different colours so I stitched around them and FME some leaves and stems
It wasn't wide enough for the base of the card so I centered the panel on another piece of fabric and zig zag stitched around the edge and then attached the vase with ziz zag stitch and FME the blue circles like on the vase in the picture.
My card is for Carol T this month---I hope she will be happy with it.
Each month I have also made a postcard for myself which is a replica of the one I have made for my swap partner but this time I didn't have enough of the fabric with the flower designs on it so I just made this one for me.
I have just noticed that I have a floating leaf---it has no stem to attach it to anything
Maybe I can call that creative licence.