Thursday, November 29, 2007

Swaps and Gifts

Yesterday I received in the mail these fantastic gifts from Susan Lenz--if you have never visited her blog-do yourself a favour and drop by for a peek you won't regret it.
Susan does the most awesome textile art.
The top item is a postcard--Susan is new to making postcards and I am so glad I have one of her first.
On the right hand side are two bookmarks that are made from handmade paper with fibres and stitching--they remind me of gum leaves.
The circle is one of Susan's Christmas tree decorations and the texture is wonderful.
Thank you Susan.


Next is an ATC from Anne L in France--Anne doesn't have a blog.
This is the second ATC swap I have done with Anne and she does the most amazing cross stitch ATC's
This one is a little girl with a bucket and spade down at the beach and that flower looks to me very much like an Australian Wattle.
Very apt for us here heading into our Summer.
Thank you Anne your stitching is so beautiful.



3 comments:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Thank you so much for your nice comments. You are absolutely correct when you advised me to try different backgrounds and look for a way in which I was personally more comfortable in finishing postcards. I've made three more and actually two ATCS...finally looked up the size and WROTE IT DOWN! This time, I used canvas on the back. This made the work so much easier, neater, and better all around. I've been thinking about some of my older work...how I just might cut them up and make postcards and ATCs...maybe a New Year's Resolution? Who knows...I might actually acquire the courage to trade!

Also, I will work on a proper post about my catalog and how I organize the paperwork associated with entering juried exhibitions. All of this is a result of some very good advise from my mentor, an oil painter named Stephen Chesley. He's been self-sufficient in artmaking for nearly thirty years. He's quite generous with support to other artists. I'm hoping to capture a photo of his studio and his catalog...complete with little thumbnail sketches of each piece...now into the 12,000s of finished works.
Susan

Kate North said...

Aren't Susan's bookmarks great? I love mine :)

Veleta (Sammy) said...

so you were the little birdie that gave out my addy to Susan! Well a huge thank you for that! I was astounded when I got her package and fell in love with everything...
So now I know a birdie pay back will be coming your way soon... LOL... Nope this birdie isn't going to say anymore... not for all the crackers in the world!
hugs,
me