Tuesday, September 18, 2007

TAST Week 38 Knotted Buttonhole Band

Don't faint-- I have finished this weeks Tast stitch and it was only posted on Sharon's blog this morning.
The reason that I have done it today is that we are going on holidays on Friday for 12 days and I don't want to get too far behind with the challenge.
This week the stitch is Knotted Buttonhole Band--never heard of it you say--well neither had I but I am glad that Sharon introduced this one to us.
First I had to do a ladder of stitches so that I could build the knotted buttonhole band on it.
I could really get hooked on this stitch --I kept changing threads just to see how it looked.
The little green piece in the bottom left corner was an experiment because I wanted to see how it would look in a block rather than a row.The green and pink row has the ladder stitches worked in gold thread but I am not sure if you can see it or not.
This stitch would make a great border.

2 comments:

Purple Missus said...

I do so admire you for keeping up with this challenge Doreen along with every thing else you do. Half these stitches I haven't even heard of! Rice stitch though from last week is another one of my favourites for texture.

Barbara said...

the stitch looks fantastic!