Thursday, August 16, 2007

More Goodies

Yesterday the PO Box was full again with wonderful gifts and swaps.
The first ATC was from Anne in France who doesn't have a blog -but she has made the most beautiful ATC in cross stitch.
Because I am doing the weekly TAST Challenge I really do appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this card.
Thank You Anne.

This postcard is from Val-I had admired it on her blog and I am not dissapointed with it Val I think it is wonderful--so much texture.


Joanna had purchased a bargain of white gauze (scrim -muslin- depending on where you come from) .She had a roll of it and I asked to swap her 2 metres for some of my "stuff"---well I received 6 metres instead . Thanks Joanna

I had commented on Helen's blog about her "texture box" that she had posted about --and she has forwarded me some of her samples--
There is some Harris tweed swatches--Yummy
Some samples of felt made by both wet and embellisher methods.
A piece of hand dyed fabric and some of her textured machine embroidery pieces.
Thank you Helen - I will enjoy using these wonderful pieces.


Lastly--I was given these lace making bobbins ------



That included this little treasure--which has the complete version of the Lord's Prayer burned into it.
It's a good thing that I know the Lord's Prayer because the writing is so small and when I magnified it large enough to be able to read it the words became distorted.
It's the old version of the Lords Prayer --I say that because "they" (whoever" they" are) keep changing the way the words are written(in Australia anyway).
I find myself sometimes when I am in Church reverting back to the old words--can't help it.
If you click on the picture it will enlarge.



6 comments:

Stitchety Grub said...

Hi I am a lacemaker as well as Lace teacher, textile bod and general crafty person - and I paint and sell bobbins ... I have been painting them for 17 years and luckily no one has ever asked me to paint the "Lord's Prayer" on one Thank goodness!!!... though I know that there are ones in existence ... Wow! Lucky you to be given bobbins :-D Britt

Micki said...

Nice goodies. I like Val's postcard and those bobbins are great, although I would never have a use for them. ;-))

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a great mail day! MUCH more fun than the bills I seem to get. The complete version of the Lord's Prayer...on a bobbin? Wow....

Julie H said...

What a WONDERFUL post. That cross-stitch is beautiful, and even those I don't have a clue how to use them the bobbin's are beautiful. I wonder about the lady who held them ...

Val said...

Wow what super goodies Doreen - and all so different. The bobbins must be beautifully smooth and tactile, lovely to hold. Are they all old? BTW do you make lace as well!!? Val

Dianne said...

What a wonderful selection of goodies - lucky you!!