Several years ago I made this wet felted square with the idea of doing an embroidered picture.
I took with me some wool threads and DMC floss so that I could work some flowers on the green section but when I was in a fabulous craft shop in the same building as the button shop I found these tiny little felted balls in bright colous so I bought some.
The first thing I did was to unpick the stitching that I had done because I didn't like it.
Then I snipped small sections off these balls and applied then to the felt with a french knot.
I also added French knots everywhere to look like small flowers and lots of green straight stitches and ended up with a garden of flowers.
I will add more to it later this week.
I am going to mount it on the canvas board but I want to colour it first in the same colours as the felt to extend the overall picture.
I have finished the lady embroidery and she is in a frame that I picked up for $5 at the op-shop.
I rubbed it over with Goldfinger in keeping with the colours that we were allowed to use in the challenge.
Also included in the Pack we were given was a little gold charm which had to be part the finished piece so I stitched mine onto her dress to look like a brooch.
It is very hard to see her face when photographing it but it is visible in the flesh.
Now how's that-I have finished (or nearly finished) two embroideries in several weeks.
I just hope the momentum keeps up.