I worked out a way to construct the cover that cuts out a lot of hand sewing which means that I can whip them up fairly quickly.
I then embroider them once they are constructed which I find a lot easier to do than embroidering them first and then trying to get the embroidery in the right place.This one is made from a small remnant of woolen dress fabric and lined with a printed patchwork flannel fabric.
I used Watercolours thread by Caron and the colour is Havana.
The yellow French Knot centres are worked with DMC Perle 8.
Here it is opened up showing the flannel lining.
Now I am off to make some more seeing as the prototype worked out ok.