Friday, June 10, 2011

Second Time Around

Last year I signed up for the Gilding the Lily workshop with Dale at the Thread Studio but somehow I never did get started on it so I have decided to join in again this year.
First up we are using foil and I have been foiling everything in sight.
First up is a croched doiley that I dyed last year when we were dying fabrics for the exhibition.
I like the way that the gold foil has stuck to some of the raised sections adding hilites to the piece.





This piece of fabric is from a blouse and was tossed into the dyepot at the same time.
I only foiled two of the leaves and I rather like the effect.







Here we have a piece of Panne Velvet that I placed a stencil on top of and sprinkled Audrey's Bonding powder over it-then removed the stencil.

Next I placed the foil over it and ironed it.






I think that I will stitch around the edges at a later stage.

6 comments:

Janet said...

The piece of velvet is my favorite. This looks like an amazing technique. I look forward to see what other things you do in this workshop.

Heather said...

Love your foiling experiments Doreen. I like the way the foil picks up the raised areas on the second piece and your doiley looks gorgeous - great colours.

Sandy said...

Great experiments. I never thought of the stencil idea and will try it.

Suztats said...

Very nice results! I haven't tried foiling, but it certainly is effective.

Stitching Lady said...

I like your experiments with foil and dye - I like to see what others do!

Maggi said...

These are so gorgeous Doreen