This is the finished stitched front cover.
As you can see I have used Running stitch to outline some of the petals and also some French Knots to hilite the centres.
I did not want to fill the centres with French Knots because I wanted to give the appearance of flowers that were disintegrating.
The gold and copper hilites appear well with the book slanted slightly when I took the photo.
In this photo you can see the front -back and the spine-------------
Here is the spine showing the stitching over the tapes---------------------
This is the centre of the book not that you can see much really but you can see the stitched threads as they go in between the tapes that hold the pages into position.