Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quilts for Comfort

This is the quilt that Jan has made up from the blocks that I sent her for the queensland flood appeal.
I posted the blocks to her on Wednesday afternoon and she received them on Friday and she finished the quilt today Saturday.
What a wonderful lady she is.
Not only did she finish my quilt but she also finished 4 other quilts as well today.
If you want to see what she has been doing then go here and here and read all about it.
Like I said in my previous post about these blocks-they have been in a box for about eight years because I couldn't be bothered finishing the quilt--this lady did it in about one hour.
You are an angel Jan and I hope whoever receives the quilt will get a lot of pleasure and comfort from it.


.
I have some other quilt tops that I think I will send down to her for the appeal as well.
They aren't much use to me stored unfinished in a box.

10 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh WOW!!! It is stunning! Don't you wish now you'd kept those blocks and done something with them? And I'll bet Ebony will never forgive you, if she sees that photo!!
Good on you for donating it to such a worth cause. Quilters and other crafters always come to the fore when there is fund raising to be done, don't they!

Joei Rhode Island said...

Wow! I'm impressed by both of you. And what a wonderful thing to give the flood victims. Glad you are dry. Will wait patiently to see how the class with Dale expands your felt making.

Suztats said...

I'm sure it will bring much comfort to someone in need.

Janet said...

I'm sure some lucky person will love this quilt. And Jan must be Superwoman to finish so many quilts in just one day!!

Heather said...

It would gladden anyone's heart to receive that quilt Doreen. It will become a treasure to someone who has quite possibly lost everything. Well done for sending your blocks in and to Jan for making them up. It's such a worthy cause.

Sandy said...

Beautiful quilt. It will go a long way toward cheering someone.

Jen xo said...

o dorren its gorgeous, beuatiful colors... what a wonderful you are all doing xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your blocks made up into a gorgeous quilt - I know it will bring comfort to someone who really needs it.

Angela said...

Your blocks have made for one gorgeous looking quilt, and what a great cause too.

Sheila said...

Doreen, your blocks made up into a beautiful quilt! It will bring comfort to someone who will not only need it, but will love and cherish it. It is so sad to see so many people lose everything.