I liked doing this stitch but had a few problems with the second row for a few minutes but then it all fell into place.
The first sample is on my Crazy quilt block and isn't finished completely as I want to add some beads to it at a later date when I do the beading bits.
If I add the beads now my threads will get hooked up in them when doing the next rows of stitches.
I think this would also look nice with a ribbon threaded underneath it.
The next lot of stitches are samples experimenting with different threads and fabrics.
The first one is Perle 5-- but I changed the width of the diamonds alternately.