Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's TAST Time Again

Yeeh it's on again and starting this Tuesday the 2nd March.
What is TAST I hear you ask--well it means Take A Stitch Tuesday and is run by Sharon Boggon of Pin Tangle
How does it work?
Well in a nutshell-every Tuesday Sharon introduces us to a new embroidery stitch and we then set to and embroider it.
You may like to do a sampler and add the new stitch to it each week 0r you may decide to make a postcard or do a crazy quilt block and work the seams using each different stitch -it is up to you.
If you want to know how it works go here to Sharons blog where she explains it better.
The first TAST was in 2007 and we worked 52 different stitches--I didn't know that there were that many embroidery stitches--and now TAST 2 and Sharon has found even more different stitches for us to work.
If you want to join in then just sign on by clicking on the link above and let Sharon know.
And guess what?--it's free so what are you waiting for- come along and join me.

10 comments:

Janet said...

I enjoy seeing all the stitches you do in these challenges. Looking forward to another great bunch.

Penny said...

I am doing it too Doreen, a bit worried about all my other commitments but I did manage to get them all done last time.

Heather said...

Sounds like a great idea Doreen - looking forward to seeing all those stitches. There are hundreds so you'll be able to keep going for a while yet.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Doreen, what a fun project. I like the sound of it myself but I'm way overcommitted at the moment and was wondering if this project comes along every year ... maybe next year I could make a sampler that you mention

Hope you are well and thank you always for your wonderful comments. I love to hear from you Doreen

Happy Sunday xx

sharonb said...

Hi Doreen thanks for spreading the word I appreciate it

Maggi said...

I have been thinking about doing this but as yet I am unsure. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if that helps me to decide.

Love your ATCs in the previous post.

Monica said...

Hi Doreen

I'd love to join in TAST - but not this year. I have too many things on my plate just now but I'm finally doing Sharon's Studio Journal course. I'm determined to find time to do as many of the exercises as possible, despite the other demands on my time.

Maureen said...

Better not join in as I'm starting Sumptuous Surfaces next week with Sharon and still got two FME to finish - busy busy!!

Maureen said...

Better not join in as I'm starting Sumptuous Surfaces next week with Sharon and still got two FME to finish - busy busy!!

Joei Rhode Island said...

You have more energy than the Energizer Bunny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiU2ZKMBBSM

LOL....