I apologise for the bad photo angle but I had to climb up a tall ladder to be able to take the photo but you get the idea.
The first small border was from a piece of hand dyed fabric that a member had which when cut in strips allowed us to produce the lovely shaded effect that we achieved.
When I was doing the second larger border I goofed up real good.
I was supposed to do the side strips first -but-moving along in my merry old way I started with the top--duh.
When I realised my mistake (with the help of a friend) I realised that I didn't have enough fabric to cut another strip and we didn't want to have a join in the border so we came up with the idea of putting in a corner block.
I would like to say that I knew what I was doing and it was planned that way but I would be lying and what the heck it has turned out ok in the end.
We finished it off with a dark green binding.
We are all very pleased at how it has turned out and I think it will be a great money raised for the Embroiderers Guild.
Well done everybody.