Back in November last year I did a class with Karen Ruane about covered buttons and embroidering on them.
They have been lovingly stored away in a container waiting to be mounted on "something " so that I could enter them in this years Embroiderers Guild exhibition.
With said exhibition only 5 weeks away I thought it was about time I did something about it.
The first ones were mounted on an Artists box canvas 10cm x 30cm on which I have attached a piece of lace down the middle and then I pierced a hole and inserted the button hook through and anchored them at the back.
The middle one (the Dorset Button) is stitched on by hand.
A slightly different view.
Here is a close up of the bottom three.
The second one is on a purchased frame that I got at our Church op-shop for $1
It is hard to see what the buttons really look like in this photo but if you go here - here and here you will see the post about where I had made them.
I have one more to mount and then they will all be done.