Saturday, March 31, 2012

French Knots

The French knots have started and they are packed in fairly tightly.
I usually scatter a few around and then go back and fill in the area-it seems to work for me that way.
The texture is amazing and at present I am using DMC Perle 8 thread but I also have to use floss as well and the scattering of the knots in the beginning helps to blend the two different threads as well.
I have gone around the outer edge of the yellow knots with backstitch to give it more definition and I will do the blue when I start on those knots.




I am pleased with the way this is shaping up but I have thousands of knots to go--it's a good thing I like doing them.

11 comments:

Dorothy said...

Labour of love must be what it is called, should look really great and so much texture!

Pat said...

My favourite stitch, looking good Doreen.

Mosaic Magpie said...

How cool is this! Lots of stitching to do, but it will be worth it.
Deb

Stitching Lady said...

Happy knotting!

Heather said...

I love French knots too and this is already looking good Doreen. It's such a lovely shape - so simple but very effective.

Maggi said...

It is already looking lovely. I like doing massed French knots that way too.

Sandy said...

Wonderful. I like to do French Knots too. They add so much texture and can be used to blend colors.
Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Kris said...

THAT is a lot of knots! This will be an awesome piece and everyone will want to run their fingers over it :)

Janet said...

After making thousands of those French knots maybe they won't be your favorite anymore! It's going to be beautiful when you're finished. I'd love to be able to see it in person and touch it.

DIAN said...

Doreen this will be beautiful. I do love lots of french knots.

Karen said...

beautiful knots Doreen and I love the colour....