Sunday, September 4, 2011

More Stuff

I seem to be only able to manage a post every fortnight at present but it should improve in the future.
What I have been doing is getting stuff ready to sell on the sales table at the exhibition in a fortnight.
I have been busily stitching all the embroidery parts and now I am at the stage of constructing it all.
I first cut out all the little bags etc then I do the embroidery on all of them then I stitch them up and make the cords etc.
Just like a little production line sweat shop.
These little bags are lined and they will contain a little bag with lavender.
The fabric is silk with silk ribbon embroidery and the cords are made using the bobbin method on my sewing machine.




Can't stop here chatting --must get back to it.

12 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like you've been busy Doreen - your little bags are cute and I'm sure they'll sell out.

Penny said...

Wondered what you had been doing, they look lovely.

Jenny said...

So pretty Doreen... love your little lavender bags... am sure they will be a big seller...

Jenny x

Suztats said...

Your bags are delightful! I love lavender, and have several plants in my garden. I'm sure your lavender bags will be best sellers at the sale.

Jen xo said...

really gorgeous Doreen, hope they sell well for you.xx

Robin Mac said...

They look so pretty, all your things should just walk out the door. Cheers

Heather said...

Such pretty little bags Doreen - I love the scent of lavender. There's quite a lot of work in them and I'm sure people will snap them up.

Janet said...

Your own little sweat shop! The bags look lovely and I'm sure they'll be popular at the sale.

I was on a long blog break and now I'm finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things. Having too much time off isn't good, I guess.

Karen said...

good luck at your sale Doreen, the bags are delightful!

Dorothy said...

I too kept checking yuor blog, I am delighted the silence was because you were too busy. The bags look great, hope you have a sucessful sale.

Aussie Jo said...

Beautiful Doreen, keep up the good work!!!

Maggi said...

Beautiful embroidery on the bags. I bet they sell in a lot less time than they took to make!