Saturday, September 21, 2013

I've Finished Something

I hope you are sitting down because I would hate to be the cause of someone injuring themselves when the faint with shock.
Now as you can see I have been stitching again --no I didn't do all of this but I have finished them off.
In November last year I did a workshop at the guild with Effie Mitrofanis and then I took them on the cruise with me and did a little bit more to them.
Since then they have been hiding in a box with all the threads, beads etc until several weeks ago.
I had been feeling guilty because our annual Guild exhibition was fast approaching and I had not stitched anything for at least 7 months which meant I had nothing to exhibit.
I decided to open the box and finish the two samples that were almost finished.
I then mounted each one on an artists box frame canvas which I painted black.
I must apologise for the poor photo but this was the best that I could do--but you can get the idea as to how they look.
I feel like I have conquered Mount Everest--I am so happy.
More stitching days ahead for me I am sure.


17 comments:

Penny said...

I would love to do a class with Effie, great to see your work.

Sharon said...

Great to see your work Doreen... What is that saying about "a thousand mile journey starts with a single step..."
Look forward to seeing more. Take care...

Heather said...

I love Effie's work and have her book. Love your finished samples - the black sets them off to perfection, and I'm so pleased for you that you feel like stitching again and are enjoying it.

Maggi said...

They look really good doreen, especially mounted that way. I love the colours.

Monica said...

Congratulations on finishing them, Doreen. They look fabulous

Nancy said...

Interesting pieces, absorbing to study. Good for you! Stitching is always good therapy.

Kris said...

These are striking! It feels good to call it done, right?
Good for you!

Annet said...

Good to see you're stitching again. It's very pretty.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm happy right along with you! I'm SO glad that you're feeling like creating again. You go girl!!

shirley said...

I am so pleased to see you Doreen, and congratulations on finishing this project. I did a weekend casalguidi with Effie and she is a wonderfully creative teacher. These works are so colourful and interesting.

Janet said...

It's so good to see you back and to see you creating again. I'm sure we've all missed seeing your beautiful creations. And these finished pieces look great! You've still got it!!

Robin Mac said...

I love the colours and of course the stitching is up to your usual standard. Glad you are back stitching again - I need to check you blog more often. happy holidays. Cheers

Linda’s Textiles said...

They look wonderful Doreen - glad you are stitching again!

Dot said...

Hi Doreen.

Havent heard from you for a long time. Was thinking about you today and thought I would say hi. Hope you are ok.

Dotx

Suztats said...

I have been thinking of you, Doreen, and hope you are doing well. I miss your blog posts. Take care. Hugs

Lululiz said...

I haven't seen any new posts from you in a long while, just wanted to check and make sure you are well. Please let us know with a short blog post to put our minds at rest.

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is ready -

And making money with it is as simple as 1 . 2 . 3!

This is how it works...

STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products you want to push
STEP 2. Add some PUSH button traffic (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products on it's own!

Do you want to start making profits?

Your MONEY MAKING affiliate solution is RIGHT HERE